A luxurious and relaxing Swedish Massage
Relax Swedish Massage is a full body technique that enhances your overall well being while decreasing tensions. Stress no longer has power over your body with this most popular of massages.
Circulate Dilates the blood vessels, thus improving circulation and oxygenation. Increase your number of red blood cells. (Especially in anemia)
Cleanse Pushes along lymphatic fluids hastening elimination of waste products and toxic debris in the body.
Relieve Increases endorphin production which aids in pain relief. People with arthritis have been shown to have some restored function with a series of Swedish massages.
Recover Disperses edema or inflammation following injury to the ligaments and tendons. Movement is thus facilitated.
Swedish massage is incorporated during a Prenatal Massage or pregnancy massage.
- Research grants for massage are limited as they are not backed by multi-million dollar corporations or governing bodies. Much of the massage research comes from China and Denmark. Here is just a glimpse of some of the latest to come down the pipes.
- A recent study published in The Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine examined the effects of one session of Swedish massage therapy—a form of massage using long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration, and tapping—on the body’s hormonal response and immune function. The researchers found that participants who received Swedish massage had a significant decrease in the hormone arginine-vasopressin (which plays a role in regulating blood pressure and water retention) compared with those who were treated with light touch.
- At the School of Physiotherapy, Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden back, neck and chest massages were shown to decrease systolic and diastolic blood pressure.
- A 2008 review of 13 clinical trials found evidence that massage might be useful for chronic low-back pain.
- A study of 64 patients with chronic neck pain found that therapeutic massage was more beneficial than a self-care book, in terms of improving function and relieving symptoms.
- Massage therapy is a safe and effective way to reduce pain and improve function in adults with osteoarthritis of the knee, researchers at the Yale Prevention Research Center and at the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey (UMDNJ) report in the first clinical trial to assess the effectiveness of this treatment.
Call for your magic carpet ride! 408 274 2244